Thursday, July 29, 2010

Technological Frustration

So as you can see, it's been months since I've posted. Not that I haven't wanted to, I just relied on my PHONE to actually POST what I've written. Sigh. So to catch everyone up to speed, I've been building numbers. Most recently I was invited to Wham! Slam! Bam! Variety Hour with Juliet Jeske at the Delancey on August 3rd. It is an assassin/spy themed show and I am very excited to whip something up for her. This will be my first performance and I am - quite frankly- terrified. Not of failing so much as of letting down all the women before me who put so much of themselves into this artform. To let down all those that sacrificed and gave so much for so little in return, that would be... very bad. I'm sure I'll do fine and I'm just nervous but I really want to do well and I really want other professional dancers to watch it and say... huh, not bad. I've been working really hard through the whole thing and I really want to not suck so I can pay tribute via my hard work and precision...

No comments:

Post a Comment